1. We focus on connecting volunteers to existing networks and organisations around the world that are supporting people in their local area or areas where they can help depending on where they are based. In addition to new groups of volunteer efforts that have been set up during this crisis, existing organisations from care homes and homeless shelters to foodbanks, refugee camps and more, will also now need more help from volunteers than ever before with ever greater amounts of pressure being put on them.
2. We directly connect people who would like help with those who can provide it in a more secure way that protects privacy and allows them flexibility to find support that maps their needs.
• assistance with getting and delivering groceries,
• the collection and delivery of prescriptions and medicine,
• the collection and delivering of post or things for the post office,
• good company in the form of calls to check in or video conferencing,
• help with walking pets etc., assistance with transport (such as booking transports to take to hospital appointments or in certain cases driving),
• donation of supplies or food parcels/care packages
• and more, all using safe non-contact methods and following international and national hygiene guidelines.
The tasks do not have to be huge things, but even a little bit of help will go a long way towards helping others in these difficult times of need.